A Windvane self steering system is valuable equipment for bluewater and shorthanded sailors. It provides big advantages compared with an electrical autopilot:
· The windvane does not need electricity,
· The windvane is more powerful in strong winds and big waves
· The yacht maintains maximum speed and balance
· The yacht can sail close to the wind at maximum speed
· A Windvane is very reliable, the system is mechanical and repairable.
“On a passage there is no more reliable helmsman than a windvane….“
The concept of the Holland Windvane has its origin in the 1980’s and is
very well known in the
The philosophy of the Holland Windvane is characterised by:
· strong construction
· all-round excellent performance
· easy repairs and modifications
· low investment, high return
This unique concept of standard materials together with a well documented handbook which includes building instruction makes it possible for the sailor to be self-sufficient in every part of the world.